At last I decided to have a blog about my book reviews, it is going to take awhile for me to post all the books I have read as I am an avid reader. So please bare with me especially with the time I am taking to remember about all the books I have read. NGEEE!!!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was introduced to me by my dear friend Leon who owns a small and cozy plus warm bookstore at Summit USJ. I trust his judgements in selecting books for me to read. And this one definitely hit the jackpot. Please bear in mind that I have not read Twilight and Hunger Games before reading this, nor have I watched the movie (till today that is -3:3:2013) After not being able to engaged myself into the world of protagonists and antagonists, I was sucked into this particular world in seconds and it lasted till 3/4 of the book. A night well spent since I am slowly suffering from insomnia. The story of  the two protagonist was so well written that one would definitely want to turn the page to know what happens next. Adam's Family VS 'Normal' Town is a unique combination of setting, plot and characters. It got me asking 'Maybe, just maybe... This type of world do exists "- but that could be my insomnia talking. It questions unconditional love from families, loyalty in friendship, being abandon, ridicule for not being normal like the others and definitely one's power to control oneself from evils. Tq Leon! ( http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=%2F2013%2F2%2F25%2Fmetrobiz%2F12736835&sec=metrobiz#.US-4ypiYjwo.facebook )

View all my reviews


Basic info

Contact info

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zulaikha,

    We sincerely appreciate your unwavering support and look forward to reading more of your book reviews soon, ya! :)

    Best regards
    Leon
    p/s: I don't own the bookstore, just helping the family out :)

    ReplyDelete